Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween 2009: The Idea

Without a predetermined Halloween theme in July (oh, who are we kidding, more like January) this year, I've been putting off figuring out what I want to be/do for a costume. Last year by the start of October I already had my costume pieces together and was just working out the details of my hair.

I wanted to do something really fun this year and pick something that would be easily recognizable. We toyed with the idea of doing Marc Antony & Cleopatra, Batman & Robin or Catwoman or Superwoman, and Bonnie & Clyde (the boy wanted to be a gangster... SURPRISE). After looking at a few pictures of Bonnie & Clyde - the boy's clear favorite - I was unimpressed. But it helped me think up the perfect idea: gangsters & flappers!

Now the boy gets to be a Prohibition Era, John Dillinger-esque gangster and I get to be a Louise Brooks inspired flapper.


"Most beautiful dumb girls think they are smart and get away with it, because other people, on the whole, aren't much smarter."

"A well dressed woman, even though her purse is painfully empty, can conquer the world."


Let the costuming begin!

No comments: